Dr Moss has a special interest and expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face, nose and breast. This includes treating patients referred for secondary surgery to correct problems remaining after previous surgery performed elsewhere, sometimes many years ago. Patients are recommended to first discuss any concerns with their initial doctor and be aware that they should not assess their final result until the healing process is adequately completed.
Sometimes the problems are minor and easily corrected but, if they are significant, secondary surgery is more difficult than the first operation and requires specialist expertise. When performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon, secondary surgery results in high rates of patient satisfaction.
Eyelid Reconstructive Surgery
Dr Moss routinely performs reconstructive and corrective Eyelid Surgery to treat the following medical problems:
- Ptosis (droopiness) of the upper eyelids
- Lower eyelid sagging (retraction) or malposition
- Dry eye syndrome due to exposure
- Ectropion (out turning) of the lower eyelids
- Repair or reconstruction of the eyelids following skin cancer removal or injuries
- Eyelid cancer removal
- Eyelid cysts (chalazion), lumps and bumps
The most common causes of functional problems requiring corrective eyelid surgery include ageing, cancer, trauma, birth defects and complications from previous (usually older) techniques of surgery.