Before and After
Chris Moss Plastic Surgery
Dr Moss (MBBS,Dip.Anat., FRACS) is a renowned Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who specialises in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
Dr Moss is an expert in plastic surgery of the face and devotes the majority of his practice to performing facelift, neck lift, temple lift, brow lift, fat injections, blepharoplasty eyelid surgery and cosmetic nose reshaping surgery. Dr Moss also regularly performs corrective nose surgery (including rhinoplasty, septoplasty and airway surgery) and cosmetic breast surgery (including breast augmentation with breast implants and mastopexy breast lift). Dr Moss prides himself on staying up to date with global advances in modern non-surgcial cosmetic and anti-ageing treatments of the face and body and provides a personally selecte range of proven treatments and state of the art technologies at Liberty Belle Skin Centre.
Introduction to Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic plastic surgery, while not necessarily essential to physical health, can make a significant contribution to emotional well-being and self-esteem by improving the appearance of body features and therefore enhancing one's self-image and confidence. This can translate into increased enjoyment of life and improved confidence in work and social life.
It is important to remember that many plastic surgery problems presenting as a displeasing ‘cosmetic’ appearance or deformity may also have associated functional problems due to abnormal anatomy and these can be corrected at the same time using plastic surgery. A common example seen regularly in Dr Moss' practice is a patient with a crooked looking or deviated nose who also has associated nasal breathing obstruction. When this occurs, for the best nose surgery results, it is usually optimal for Dr Moss to correct the nasal deformity at the same time as he performs the airway surgery.
We were delighted to support Interplast Australia and New Zealand so their mission to PNG could go ahead.
In November 2013 Interplast sent a team including two plastic surgeons, two anaesthetists and two nurses to Papua New Guinea. They were joined by PNG’s trainee plastic... Read more
Please note that fully qualified specialist surgeons in Victoria have traditionally been referred to as Mr, however not all patients are aware of this so to avoid confusion Dr Moss now uses the title Dr.
Selecting a qualified and skilled plastic surgeon is an extremely important factor in the safety and success of your cosmetic plastic surgery. Dr Moss suggests three principles in helping you make this decision:
- Always check the credentials of your surgeon! Ask if they are a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the artistic style of your surgeon's results and confirm exactly what they plan for you. Obtain further opinions until you are entirely comfortable with your surgeon.
- It is false economy to put your health and appearance at risk by simply shopping for the lowest cost or a "quickie" procedure. Satisfaction with your surgery should be your first priority - remember, your result is for a lifetime.
The ideal person for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery recognises a specific area in which his or her appearance or function could be improved and has a strong personal motivation to make this change. The reasons for choosing to have Cosmetic Plastic Surgery are varied. While some individuals may request noticeable changes, others require subtle refinements.
Negative feelings about one's appearance can deeply impact on a person's self confidence. In appropriate people, well performed Cosmetic Plastic Surgery can remove these concerns and improve self-esteem and well being. While Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is not for everyone, it is now recognised by most people to be a perfectly logical and acceptable option for those with concerns over a body feature or excessive signs of ageing.
Naturally it is important to have realistic expectations and remember that improvement in one's face or body does not guarantee personal or career success. Cosmetic Plastic Surgery offers just one tool, among many, for a person to make positive changes in their life.
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Australasian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Rhinoplasty Society
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (Corres.)
- International Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery
- Member of International Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons